Please read all information concerning move-in protocol
- Maintain distancing protocol: 6 feet apart whenever possible
- Wear masks in all indoor common spaces, except during meals and sleeping
- Practice regular hygiene: wash hands with soap for 20 seconds and/or use hand sanitizer
- * Report symptoms on Western’s Self-Isolation/Symptom Form at housing.western.edu
Stay in your residence hall room if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Fever over 100.4
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle aches
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
Early Arrivals for select sanctioned University activities; check-in times will be emailed by July 23. Please use the Resident Director’s email (to come, on July 20) with specific hall locations (If anything changes, you will be updated promptly by your coach):
- Football: Thursday, August 6
- Wilderness Based Orientation: Thursday, August 6
- Volleyball/Cheerleading/Soccer: Thursday, August 11
First-Year Residents (Ute Hall/Escalante Complex-Dolores/Colorado/Tomichi/Crystal)
- 8 am – 4 pm Wednesday, August 12: please adhere to assigned check-in times!
Transfer and Returning Residents (Chipeta/Pinnacles/Mears Complex-Moffat/Mears/Robidoux)
- 8 am – 4 pm Friday, August 14: please adhere to assigned check-in times!
Returning Residents (Chipeta/Pinnacles/Mears Complex-Moffat/Mears/Robidoux)
- 8 am – 4 pm Friday, August 14 – Sunday, August 16: please adhere to assigned check-in times!
Before you leave home:
- To reduce the number of people in the halls, please bring no more than 2 support people to help you move in.
- Fill out your Emergency Plan at housing.western.edu
- Sign up for a move-in time: Your assigned Resident Director will email a sign-up link to your Western email by Monday, July 20.
- Please pack light: Less is more. You will have 30 minutes to move all items into your room.
- Pack all items in enclosed boxes or containers. We are recruiting volunteers from Mt. Movers to help you move all your items safely and securely. If your items are packaged incorrectly, you alone will be responsible for moving them in.
- Your hall’s Resident Director (professional staff members) will email you with move-in details specific to your hall.
- Bring a thermometer, extra masks, disinfectant cleaning supplies for your personal space and hand sanitizer.
What to expect when you arrive:
- Contact the Office of Residence Life at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970.943.2101, if your travel plans are altered.
- Come during your assigned check-in time, you will begin with the temperature check. (Temperature check locations will be emailed out the week of July 27th)
Western staff will take touchless temperatures of each occupant of your vehicle and will ask if anyone has any symptoms identified above.
- Assigned locations will be emailed to you the week of July 27th.
- Once temp is confirmed below 100.4, we will give you a W sticker to show at the assigned check-in location to serve as confirmation.
- If symptoms arise, we will follow up with the Gunnison County Health & Human Services Call Center for additional guidance.
- If symptoms exist, you will not be allowed to move in to your assigned hall until they subside.
- Then use the information emailed to your Western email (Monday, July 20th) from your assigned Resident Director for check-in
- Vehicles will be guided to an assigned parking area, and occupants will be asked to unload all items into an assigned area at once.
- With the aid of Mt. Movers, your belongings will be carried to your assigned room. Mt. Movers staff will have gloves and/or hand sanitizer for each move and will wear masks at all times.
- As you depart your vehicle, please wear your mask.
- Approach the outside check-in table and use the hand sanitizer on the check-in table and/or wash your hands once you enter the hall.
- Please follow flow patterns (for entry and exit) in the halls.
- Community bathrooms in first-year areas will be cleaned twice a day.
- Residents in suite or apartment-style living are responsible for their own disinfectant cleaning supplies.
- High-touch areas will be cleaned three times a day (twice by custodial staff and once by Resident Assistants.)
- If a resident’s roommate is symptomatic and not self-isolating or notifying anyone, please have the resident communicate this to a student Resident Assistant (RA) or professional Resident Director (RD) assigned to the building.